I don’t listen so much music in English. All
my life, I preferred the songs singed in my language: the Spanish. I like some
artist and songs in English, like the ABBA music, Frank Sinatra’s songs or
artists like that. But my favorite kind of music is the latin pop/rock of the
80’s and 90’s, specially the music made in Chile or Argentina.
One of my favorites Chilean groups is Los
Prisioneros. From my point of view, Jorge Gonzalez is a GENIUS. He has a lot of
great music, with Los Prisioneros and alone.
But today I would like to talk about one of my
favorite Argentinian singer: CHARLY GARCÍA, the alive legend.
Charly is also a genius, like Gonzalez. I
discovered Charly García as a child. My dad had a CD with the best songs of Sui
Generis, one of Garcia's first bands. Also, I played Sui Generis songs on the
guitar all the time, and I really loved watching and listening to him. When he
left me at school, I put that CD in the car radio. Every Monday we sing a great
song called "MONDAY AGAIN". The song says: "Monday again about
the city / people you see / live alone."
But one of the greatest songs of Sui Generis is
called “Confesiones de invierno”. For me, this is one of the love songs who
said at the perfection the process of a heart broken. Is really beauty. I
always think in the sentence who say: “I only die on Sundays/ and on Mondays I
feel good” (Solamente muero los domingos/ y los lunes ya me
siento bien).
But Charly have great songs after Sui Generis,
like DEMOLIENDO HOTELES. A great song who say: “ME, WHO BORN WITH VIDELA/ ME,
WHO BORN WITHOUT POWER/ me, who fought for freedom, but I could never have it”.
My favorite Charly’s album is CLIX MODERNOS. In that album, Pedro Aznar played
the bass. Charly and Jorge González have a thing in common: they were part of
the resistance music on the 70’s and 80’s, a really hard time for Latin
America. They music makes me feel a lot of things, like nostalgic (because
remember me to my parents and their lives at that times).
Charlie Garcia, how you said, is a genius for the music! my favorite song is "Nos siguen Pegando abajo" <3
ResponderEliminarI don't listen to a lot of english music either, I always prefer the latin music <3
ResponderEliminarThis artist is the best music of Argentina, but he is so crazy haha
ResponderEliminarHe was a really talented songwriter/singer/composer
ResponderEliminar
ResponderEliminarConfesiones de Invierno is really a beautiful song, I like the tone that Charly gives to the last phrase of the song in the concert "Adios Sui Generis".