Different that the
most part of people think, the journalism is a very difficult profession. We
need to know a lot of things, and refresh the knowing all time, without lose
the human aspect of the information. But that is not a problem. For me, one of
the things that I don't like about journalism is the poor regulation of the
labor hours.
Most part of us (the students and the
professionals) romanticize the journalism profession. We grow up seeing tv
shows and movies with greate journalists leaving his personal life for be a
good workers. Addicts to caffeine, with big bags under the eyes and sleeping
four hours a day.
I always thought “Oh!
That is the kind of proffesional what I want to be”. But the reality is other.
A lot of
journalists work more of sixty hours a week. The media is in a crisis. Is very
difficult find a work on the tracitional media (newspaper, radio or tv) as a
jorunalist.
Maybe, one way to
resolve this situation is demand a change in the journalism code of the
constitution of Chile to regulate the hours to work, the exceptions, and the
salary in that cases. That can change the regular salary of the professionals,
and incentive the contratation of other journalists on the media. Nowadays, the
journalists sindicate of the BioBio’s radio are in strike. Maybe, that situation will be
the fist step to create a change.
Other thing that I
don’t like about the profession is the concentration of the media in Chile.
That thing difficult the work of the good and ethic journalists. But, well. One
thing have relation to the other, I guess.



Is very difficult find work, that is horrible!
ResponderEliminarI agree! the problem it's the romantic idea of the profession... and is not romantic is like a scare movie
ResponderEliminarThat's true. Journalists have to know about everything and know very well 'cause you have to be completely sure about what you're talking about
ResponderEliminarthe reality is very different from what I thought before getting into this career, you are right.
ResponderEliminarIs so complicated find a job as a journalist where you're not exploited
ResponderEliminarThat is very true! too many hours, little money and big headaches.
ResponderEliminarMaking a change is a very important struggle for workers' rights.
ResponderEliminar